Software Development for the Internet
Our flagship course is free to all and provides a comprehensive overview of computers and basic computer science. You will develop an in-depth understanding of what it takes and the tools you need to master to start developing for the internet.
An introduction to the course
1. Basic components of computers
An overview of the basic hardware components of a computer
2. Basic computer science
The bare minimum computer science required for development
3. Operating Systems and File Systems
A general overview
4. The Internet Explained
The Internet from its roots to present day
5. Common Communication Protocols and Networks
An overview of networks and various protocols
6. Developing for the Internet
An introduction to the most important concepts for development
7. Software Development Process and Tools
A look at the software workflow and various tools.
8. Programming Languages
An introduction to programming languages, their concepts and paradigms
9. The Python programming language
A detailed tutorial providing everything you need to start coding.
Project: Building a Backend API
Use Python, OpenAPI, Flask, Connexion to build a backend with an API.
10. An introduction to HTML and CSS
Project: Building a Front-end Application